A Pronoun is defined as a word which can be used instead of a Noun or it is word or forms that substitute for a Noun.
- The Spider is making their cobweb.
- The person, who wins prize, brings honor to his school.
Kinds of Pronoun
Personal Pronoun- A personal pronoun which denote an entity of a specific person or thing.
Some personal pronouns are given – My, we, you, he, she, their, them etc.
These are of two types-
Pronouns – Subject pronoun means that the person
in the sentence is acting as the Subject.
- I like to eat chips, but she does not.
- When he was young, he earned his living as a labor.
Personal Pronoun – Object pronouns indicate that the
person or thing is the object of the sentence or clause.
- Jyoti likes me but not her.
- After reading this paper Ankur threw it into dustbin.
Possessive Personal Pronoun – Possessive Personal Pronoun is used to indicate possession and defines who owns a particular object or person.
- He is arranging his school bag.
- I am starting my work.
Demonstrative Pronoun - Some pronoun points to someone. They are called Demonstrative Pronoun. They point to near or far nouns, one or many nouns.
- That is dark cloud.
- These are your achievements which we shall praise.
Distributive Pronoun- Distributive Pronouns are used to refer persons or things one at a time.
- Each of women received the reward.
- Either he or she can go.
Indefinite pronoun – It refers to general categories of people or thing. It replaces nouns that are not specified.
- Anyone can do that.
- Somebody has stolen his gift.
Relative Pronoun – Relative Pronoun refer back to people or things previously mentioned.
- Those, who obey their parents, rise in life.
- Poor people, whom no one cares for, live-in slums.
Interrogative Pronoun – these pronouns are used to ask questions.
Interrogative Pronoun as Subject-
- Who said that “Swaraj is my Birthright”
- Which of these questions is the easiest?