Your SEO optimized title page contents

Saturday 30 November 2013

Rules Related to Pronoun- easy notes for Banking exam on computer tech in Hindi blog- English grammar tips


Rules Related to Pronoun
Ø We need subject pronoun when the pronoun is the subject of the sentence.
·        They will definitely come.
·        Here they are the subject of the sentence.
Ø Possessive Pronouns indicate ownership and never need apostrophes.
·        The beautiful house is mine.
Ø Reflexive Pronouns, should be used only when they refer back to another word in the sentence.
·        The host himself received the guests.
Ø Pronoun is basically Personal Pronoun. In Conversation, we use 1st person for the speaker and second person for the listener. Object Pronouns are used when the Pronoun is the object of the sentence.
·        Kavita talked to him.
·        John bought a gift for her.
Ø If we use 2 or 3 persons in one sentence then we arrange them like 2nd, 3rd, 1st means we use 1st person last in the sentence.
·        You, he and I are fast friends.
·        You and I must go there.
Ø Each other is used for 2 persons, and ‘one another’ is used for more than two persons.
·        Parmeet and Randhir love each other.
·        These children love one another.

Exercise related to Pronoun 
1.     It is me who can help you?
Correct- It is I who can help you?
2.     I have resigned to my fate.
                   Correct-I am resigned to my fate.
3.     He took his younger brother with himself.
                   Correct- He took his younger brother with him.
4.     Let Arun and I struggle with this problem.
                   Correct- Let Arun and me struggle with this problem.
5.     This is the same pen which I gave you.
                   Correct- This is the same pen as I gave you.
6.     Myself did this work.
                   Correct-I myself did this work.
7.     One should do his duty.
                   Correct- One should do one’s duty.
8.     Such boys who are careless suffer in their life.
                   Correct-Such boys as are careless suffer in their life.
9.     I, You, and he are fast friends.
                   Correct- You, he and I are fast friends.
10. The person which wins prize brings honor to his school.
                   Correct-The person who wins prize brings honor to his school.

Recommended
 Links



No comments:

Post a Comment